How much you know more about a tire’s technical aspects or the specifications?
A tire is one of the most important part of the vehicle. Whenever you need to change the tire of your vehicle, replace all the tires at the same time with the same tread design and tread depth because it promotes balanced traction and handling.
When replacing a pair of tires, most shops install the rear tires that are partially worn on the front because they think that if the car is to lose traction, you would control the vehicles with the better tires in the rear.
You can definitely mix your tires with different tread depths but it is recommended by experts that you can put the new tires in the rear axle instead. The minor difference in the tread depth of front and rear tires are totally okay.
Why does this matter?
- Grooves on the tire tread are designed to ensure maximum required when it comes in contact with the road and to disperse water on wet roads.
- Sometimes it becomes risky to install tires with different tread depths, a problem of handling vehicle, steer and balance traction on some wet or slippery surfaces arises.
- Hydroplaning can cause risky and dangerous issues if the tires have different tread patterns.
- Hydroplaning occurs when water on the roads cannot flow under the tire’s tread pattern; it lifts up the tread until it loses the direct contact with the road. This causes the problem in handling the steering wheel.
- Tires with tread depths usually cause a hydroplaning condition in shallow water and at a slower speed.
- A greater grip on the rear axle than the front can provide a better control in steering the vehicle and stable the grip on slippery surfaces. It is also recommended that the sizes of tires are based on the car’s manufacturing conditions.
Using an alternative tire, with alternate sizes or different speed ratings will affect the vehicle’s performance and unbalanced handling in poor weather condition or when it is pushed to the limit in an emergency.
Tires play an important role in every vehicle’s comfort qualities and in handling capabilities, it is always recommended by the tire manufacturers to drive on tires that are identical in every detail, including the tire brand, model, size, and the remaining tread depth.
No matter what tire you choose, better grip and a smoother ride are the main benefits. If you have questions or need help finding a tire, feel free to contact us at 888-982-2107! We have a staff full of experts that are happy to help you with all of your tire needs! CarShoez helps you to buy tires online that you actually need.