Even though the UK has been a world leader in the eco-friendly recycling revolution, many of our nation’s citizens are still blissfully unaware of the benefits associated with recycling vehicles.
This brief article will help fill in the blanks.
Recent studies have shown that if every person in the UK recycled at least one vehicle during his or her lifetime, we’d be able to reduce the amount of atmospheric pollution by over one billion tonnes.
This is due to the fact that sourcing metal and producing vehicles from scratch releases copious amounts of greenhouse gas and other toxic elements into the air while a recycled car is already prepped and ready to be reprocessed.
Abandoned cars are incredibly harmful to the environment, due in large part to the fact that they seep dangerous compounds into our waterways and reservoirs:
- Brake fluids
- Power steering fluid
- Rubber tyres
Recycled cars, on the other hand, are safely and efficiently reused without harming our environment.
Easy-to-Understand Process and Lucrative Payments
If you partner with a trusted auto recycling company in Perth, for instance, you’ll be able to avail yourself of an intuitive, worthwhile recycling process:
- Fill out a brief online form with your vehicle information.
- Receive a tailored valuation from an actual person (not computer-generated).
- Turn over your vehicle for recycling.
- Receive a Certificate of Destruction.
- Receive payment for your vehicle.
- To complete the process, the recycling firm will remove your name from the DVLA database as the registered keeper of the vehicle.
Just make sure that your recycling firm of choice is fully licensed by SEPA and the DVLA as an End of Life Vehicle Depollution Centre.