Based on a recent write-up published by the BBC, UK citizens record almost 700 billion kilometres of road travel per year, but it’s important to note that this figure doesn’t account for busses or motorbikes – just cars, vans, and taxis.
As such, we are now driving more than ever before, but it’s worth mentioning the fact that the median pass rate for driving tests across the country stands at a paltry 47%, which is why your local driving instructor in Birmingham represents a significant resource nowadays.
The Top Eight Reasons Why People Fail the Test
Each year, somewhere between 350,000 and 400,000 novice drivers are unable to successfully obtain a passing grade on the first try, but let’s take a moment to evaluate exactly why:
- Inadequate observations and decisions when approaching junctions.
- Forgetting to demonstrate caution when merging from the side of the road.
- Improper mirror usage when speeding up or changing lanes.
- Lack of control when performing the reverse park.
- Delayed reactions to traffic lights and stop signs.
- Multiple steering errors, such as driving onto curbs or swerving.
- Inability to adhere to road signs and markings.
- Cutting into other traffic lanes when turning.
If you’d like to polish your skills and elevate your confidence behind the wheel, you have to carve out some time for professional driving lessons.
How Can My Neighbourhood Driving School Help?
A recent study found that those who choose to participate in short-term driver’s education courses can increase their chances of passing the driving test by as much as 300%, which is why these instructive training programmes are worth their weight in gold.
So be sure to visit the website of a qualified team of tutors sooner rather than later. You’ll be glad you did.